Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Austin, TX
Salient is an industry leading manufacturer of next generation Enterprise Security Solutions that raises the bar for anytime, anywhere access for video surveillance. Salient is seeking a Business Analyst to maximize business performance by being an objective, trusted partner to the executive team across the finance, sales and operations organizations– through strategic planning, cross-functional collaboration and operational excellence. The Business Analyst responsibilities will entail analyzing sales, finance, and operational data and trends to implement key indicators, measure productivity and efficiency and identify and support strategic initiatives. The candidate must be intellectually curious, a quick learner, analytical, comfortable with ambiguity and working independently and be able to focus on the details while thinking strategically.
- Reports to CEO and works directly with the executive team
- Interpretate and analyze data from multiple cross-functional sources in a timely manner to substantiate business recommendations and decisions
- Generate and analyze reports and dashboards regarding business and sales activities, interpreting effectiveness and business impact; present findings to upper management to help guide business decisions and strategic initiatives
- Identify and report on key business metrics across the company, ensuring data is consistent and comparable across functions
- Interface with teams on topics of revenue target analysis, MBO attainment, pipeline, and quarterly revenue commitments
- Analyze trends and issues in key metrics and provide recommendations to the executive team in areas including but not limited to revenue, costs, profitability, and optimization opportunities
- Assist with key corporate and team strategic initiatives by identifying project goals, interviewing key stakeholders, documenting current business processes, proposing solutions to identified problem areas, and deliver findings to upper management
- Create or re-engineer processes to gain productivity and improve execution
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships across the executive team for key functional areas to understand business needs and provide scaled analytical support
- Ability to create and maintain standard data sets to conduct error-free and impactful analyses on major revenue and budget trends.
- Adept at developing standard processes and tools/dashboards that can be scaled centrally
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of work experience in problem solving and business analysis involving analytical rigor as typically seen in, but not restricted to, functions like finance, sales, business operations
- Experience and proficiency in using Excel and busines analysis tools such as Domo and Tableau
- Strong Communication skills with story-telling and presentations utilizing tools such as PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Experience in software or technology industry, or a strong knowledge and willingness to learn about these domains
Salary is commensurate with experience. Salient Systems provides an excellent benefits package which includes company provided health, optional employee paid dental, vision, AD&D, LTD and more.
Work based in our Austin-based HQ office.