Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Location: Austin, TX
Salary range: DOE
Salient Systems, a rapidly growing developer of Video Management Systems for the video surveillance market is seeking Desktop Support Technician for immediate employment. We are in the process of expanding our Support Services Department in to better assist our internal customers. The successful candidate will want to join an exciting fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to develop their skills and grow with our organization. Fun, entrepreneurial spirit & initiative are key elements of the Salient environment.
Salient Systems develops Video Management Software and manufactures servers for the physical security industry. Salient Systems products are designed for recording, live view and investigations of both analog and IP video cameras for video security installations. The product, CompleteView, is designed with the IP network in mind. A suite of features provides for minimal bandwidth impact and easy system administration.
Role & Responsibilities
The Desktop Support Technician will be primarily responsible for supporting internal customers and their Windows desktops, laptops, and peripherals. The Desktop Support Technician will address, troubleshoot, and resolve users IT equipment and software issues as well as use web-based applications to log, track and close these issues. This includes installing and upgrading hardware and software, imaging and deploying workstations, configuring and refreshing PCs, troubleshooting network issues, and responding to and resolving application. Administration of several of the business’ software tools, and AV equipment.
Other tasks and project opportunities may be available as the company grows. This position reports to the VP of Operations. No Travel required.
- 1-2+ years of experience with information systems, processes and procedures, and knowledge of current hardware and software troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end users
- Awesome customer service techniques, and can keep a cool head with frustrated callers and/or stressful conditions
- Client PC connectivity - ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN, RDP, Etc.
- Knowledge of personal computers, printers, other peripheral equipment, Microsoft products such as Windows 10, Office 365, and other applicable enterprise software
- Experience with PC refreshes, deploying new IT equipment, installation of software, and system de-commissioning
- Highly Motivated,
- A desire to learn and grow
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent certification is preferred
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or technical school.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will be customer service oriented, possess strong troubleshooting/analytical/problem solving skills, have excellent teamwork, and demonstrate the ability successfully complete projects on schedule.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Salient Systems provides an excellent benefits package which includes company provided health, optional employee paid dental, vision, AD&D, LTD and more.
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org