Job Title: Inside Sales Specialist
Location: Austin, TX
Salient is an industry leader delivering the next generation of enterprise Security Solutions for anytime, anywhere access for video surveillance. The Inside Sales Specialist’s responsibilities include working with the Regional/District sales managers by helping to drive revenue growth and customer acquisition in a collaborative approach. You will help ensure sales/marketing alignment with go-to-market strategies and connect those efforts to successful sales and enable field sales to win new business. If you are a highly motivated individual that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with an innovative team then this is the role for you. Salient is an industry-leading, Austin-based firm that provides Video Surveillance Management Systems (VMS) to SMBs and global enterprise clients across vertical markets worldwide.
- Support all go to market initiatives to drive revenue growth in support of regional sales territories
- Engage in solution selling by emphasizing the features and benefits of the Salient solutions
- Follow up with prospective and existing customers to cultivate new business
- Provide system designs and quotes to resellers and distributors
- Supports the sales team with pipeline management and accuracy using Salesforce
- Provide high-level hardware/software assistance and follow up
- Assist the lead generation process and track lead progression in Pardot
- Investigate marketing qualified leads through vetting and outreach
Base salary + quarterly bonus plan in line with current market parameters
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reports to Director of Inside Sales
- Provide quality support to Salient’s internal staff, partners and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding Salient’s values at all times.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Partners, Marketing, Manufacturing, Administration and Support as requested
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Self-driven and results-oriented to achieve corporate targets
- “Can do” attitude that is service/sales-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Excel a strong plus
- Excellent verbal, written and phone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and cross functionally within a team structure
- Team player with ping pong skills a plus
Education and Experience:
College degree in business, communications, marketing or related discipline preferred.
Present a professional image at all times to customers, consultants, partners and end users.
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Occasional flexibility may be required.
Position is based in our Austin-based HQ. Travel in support of sales and sales program initiatives as required or requested.
Able to lift and carry 25lbs. (about the same as carrying your small dog into the vet)
Note: This document is an outline of the primary tasks assigned and may be changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. All team members are expected to assist Salient in achieving its goals even if such tasks are beyond the scope of this outline. The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please apply with your resume and any additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org