Job Title: IT - Web Developer
Location: Austin, TX
Salient is an industry leader of enterprise Security Solutions that raises the bar for anytime, anywhere access for video surveillance. We are seeking a full stack Web Developer for immediate employment. We are in the process of expanding our IT Department in support of our internal customers. The successful candidate will want to join an exciting fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to develop their skills and grow with our organization. Fun, entrepreneurial spirit & initiative are key elements of the Salient environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Web Developer will be primarily responsible for supporting multiple departments within Salient’s technology deployments and integrations. This role will be expected to provide management and support of the corporate public website including changes to the site, publishing of new content, and administration of the content management system. This role will create or improve on integrations between internal back office systems, work with stakeholders and management to scope and apply knowledge to assist in problem resolutions. The Web Developer will use their experience in planning and delivering software platforms across multiple departments, from initial planning to testing, deployment and implementation, and ongoing maintenance. Documentation and refining of project requirements, specs, tasks, etc., and use of project management tools will be required. Review and development of solutions against other development team’s APIs will be expected. Experience in developing both front-end web application components as well as coordinate with back end and other server development teams to produce an end to end user experience is necessary.
Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above as well as other related duties as assigned. This position reports to the Director of Support Services. No Travel required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience in developing web applications, back-end services and databases.
- Deep functional knowledge and hands on experience with web services using REST or SOAP.
- Solid understanding of latest security and performance best practices and user management technologies.
- Ability to administer, write custom plugins and themes for CMS products like WordPress, Expression Engine, Craft, Drupal, etc.
- CSE/ECE BS graduate.
- Knowledge of Server Computer Hardware and Software; IP-based Networking, and Microsoft Windows. Linux, and AWS.
- Ability to provide user-friendly site administration, documentation, and guidance to content contributors.
- Experience with API and backend frameworks is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to organize and document complex design activities
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will be trustworthy, credible and a self-starter that possesses strong troubleshooting/analytical/problem-solving skills, has excellent leadership and/or teamwork, and demonstrates the ability to successfully complete projects on schedule.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Salient Systems provides an excellent benefits package which includes company provided health, optional employee paid dental, vision, AD&D, LTD and more.
Work based in our Austin-based HQ office.
Please apply with your resume to email@example.com