Job Title: Product Manager, Hardware
Location: Austin, TX
Salient is a leader in providing integrated video surveillance management systems and open architecture video management software (“VMS”). Video management systems are the hub of video surveillance solutions, accepting video from cameras, storing the video, and managing distribution of video to viewers. Salient’s product suite consists of software that is highly scalable and can be easily integrated into existing surveillance and analytics systems across institutions of all sizes and industries.
We are seeking a Hardware Product Manager for immediate employment. The successful candidate will want to join an exciting fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to develop their skills and grow with our organization. Fun, entrepreneurial spirit & initiative are key elements of the Salient environment.
The Hardware Product Manager role is crucial to Salient’s growth in the video surveillance market. You will report directly to the Chief Product Officer. You will have the opportunity to develop and drive strategy with senior leaders across the company. Your work will directly shape how Salient fits into the larger ecosystem of tools and services in the video surveillance and physical security industries.
The Hardware Product manager role is an exciting product management opportunity that will expose you to the latest in CPU, GPU, and high capacity video storage technologies focused on delivering purpose build network video appliances for the Physical Security industry. You will serve as the lead to identify, obtain, and manage a set of strategic partners primary in the system architecture and storage space, but also encompassing graphic acceleration and operating system providers. You will leverage each partner's strengths to drive the advancement of Salient’s product strategy and business. You will be responsible managing and updating an extensive product line by working with technology partners and key members of the Salient organization to evaluate and explore new business opportunities through execution. You will be the lead subject matter expert on Salient hardware portfolio and related hardware technologies.
- Own and manage strategic partnerships across hardware and OEM vendors
- Identify innovative opportunities presented by partners or integrations
- Own the hardware roadmap and prioritize opportunities to meet business goals, including screening / sorting through requests from sales, customers, and existing channel partners
- Keep up with latest technology trends and use this knowledge to deliver products and solutions that retain and drive Salient’s competitive edge.
- Maintain the lifecycle of hardware products
- Measure and report on the performance of the hardware product portfolio
- Inform and enable the rest of the company on hardware developments (including collaborating with marketing on roll out/launches)
- Competitive awareness and market research on technologies enabling or enhancing network video recording are associated systems
- Curiosity about computer and storage architectures, and how these technologies benefit users working with audio and video is essential
- 3+ years hands-on experience in system/server architecture
- 3+ years of hardware product management and managing hardware BOMs
- Experience in managing hardware products from initial concept through development, launch, and end-of-life
- Strong knowledge with computer architecture
- Experience in manufacturing environment a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Success with executing go-to-market strategy and launch of hardware products
Salary is commensurate with experience. Salient Systems provides an excellent benefits package which includes company provided health, optional employee paid dental, vision, AD&D, LTD and more.
Work based in our Austin-based HQ office.