Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: North Austin HQ office, with remote work opportunity available
About the Company:
Salient is an industry leading manufacturer of next generation Enterprise Security Solutions that raises the bar for anytime, anywhere access for video surveillance. Founded in 1995, Salient is an Austin-based firm that provides Video Surveillance Management Systems (VMS) to SMBs and global enterprise clients across vertical markets nationwide. For additional information, please visit www.salientsys.com
About the Position:
Salient is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team! If improving quality is your passion, whether it means deep diving into requirements with our product team, manually inspecting complex UI or reducing regression cycles via test automation, this is the right position for you. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-project environment, is an active team member that is able to wear multiple hates, and that embraces the challenge of creating things from the ground up.
- Create and execute test cases to ensure product quality
- Perform manual and automated testing throughout the life of software projects
- Participate in test automation framework development and improvements
- Report and track bugs using JIRA
- Collaboratively work with Engineering teams, Product and Customer support groups to complete functional and non-functional testing
- Participate in agile ceremonies and contribute to process improvements and team-oriented initiatives
- 3 years experience in testing with at least one year in automated test development (experience
automating testing for windows applications is a big plus)
- Experience using SQL for test validation
- Strong technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in API testing
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools
- Software development experience
The role is located in the North Austin HQ office, with remote work opportunity available.
Salary based on commensurate experience. We provide our employees an excellent benefits package which includes medical insurance, optional employee paid dental and vision, flexible paid time off, ability to participate in 401k, and more. We foster a culture of collaboration through supporting team building events and continuing career growth and development.
Please submit resumes to: Yelena Green | firstname.lastname@example.org