Job Title: Salesforce Administrator
Location: Austin, TX
Salient is an industry leader of enterprise Security Software Solutions that raises the bar for anytime, anywhere access for video surveillance. We are seeking a certified Salesforce Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will want to expand and optimize our Salesforce instance and grow with our organization. Fun, entrepreneurial spirit, team player & initiative are key elements of the Salient environment.
The Salesforce Administrator will provide support to Salient through the customization and configuration of the Salesforce platform. The position will manage the Salesforce.com database and provide training and support to users. The successful candidate will have a passion for managing complex Salesforce instances, a deep understanding of Salesforce best practices and a love for solving problems through technology as well as a strong desire to be a part of a rapidly growing Enterprise Software-first company.
- Maintain system configuration and documentation serving as primary system administrator managing daily operations of our Salesforce deployment of 60+ users. Including user configurations, profiles, role hierarchy, groups, data storage, sharing security controls, etc.
- Build custom reports, dashboards and workflows and manage operational requests
- Design, test and maintain complex solutions using custom objects, workflow rules, validation rules, processes, flows, etc.
- Implement operational improvements, enhancements and systems customization to address evolving business needs
- Perform regular internal system audits and upgrades and troubleshoot issues
- Provide guidance and mentoring to users and other team members regarding all things Salesforce and assist in training of new users
- Perform data imports including products and pricing updates
- Work with internal business groups and external consultants to optimize implementation across Salesforce and other related technology platforms
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reports to Director of Sales Operations
- Provide quality service to Salient’s internal personnel and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding Salient’s values at all times
- Work closely with Management, Sales, Marketing, Training, Support and other teams as required or requested
Skills & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong business acumen and governance model experience
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and data management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail. Ability to multi-task.
- Dependable with deliverables and deadlines
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Salesforce.com Administrator with current ADM201 certification, ADM211 certification desirable
- Familiarity with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Marketing cloud (CRM, Pardot, Lightning)
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Good understanding of Analytics and Reporting including data correlation, schemas, SQL/SOQL and/or other query languages
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, processes, custom views and other content
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to provide highest quality of customer service
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as a team across departments and with integration partners
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field
Salesforce Admin certification required
Two to four years Salesforce experience in a business environment
Experience with Salesforce workflow rules, validation rules
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Occasional flexibility may be required.
Work usually performed in an office setting.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Personal computer, copier, phone and other typical office equipment.
Please apply with your resume to email@example.com
Note: This document is an outline of the primary tasks assigned and may be changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. All team members are expected to assist Salient in achieving its goals even if such tasks are beyond the scope of this outline. The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.