Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: Austin, TX
About the Company: Salient is an industry leader poised to announce the next generation of enterprise Security Solutions that raise the bar for anytime, anywhere access for video surveillance. In a fast-paced, innovative environment, the Scrum Master responsibilities include becoming a part of our growing Engineering and Operations organizations to deliver high-quality software in a collaborative environment.
Founded in 1995, Salient is an industry-leading, Austin-based firm that provides Video Surveillance Management Systems (VMS) to SMBs and global enterprise clients across vertical markets nationwide.
We provide an excellent benefits package which includes medical insurance, optional employee paid dental, vision, AD&D, LTD and more. For additional information, please visit www.salientsys.com.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Scrum Master to become an integral part of our growing organization. Initially focused on the rapid product release schedule for our next generation software and eventually promoting Agile in other departments such as IT and Marketing. Candidates must be able to perform the Scrum Master functions across multiple Scrum Teams as well as interact with SME’s and Cross Functional leaders.
- Lead the scrum teams in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed
- Active Certified Scrum Master
- Professional Scrum Master Assessment Level 2 - Advanced
- Prior experience on a Scrum team
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Professional Scrum Master Assessment Level 2 - Distinguished
- Direct experience with Atlassian Tools
- Experience with TFS and Mantis
- Experience working with Cross Functional Management
- Direct experience with Adhering to a frequent release cadence
Salary is commensurate with experience.