Job Title: Senior Typescript Automation Engineer (web & mobile)
Location: Austin, TX
About the Company
Salient Systems is an industry leading manufacturer of next generation Enterprise Security Solutions. Salient Systems products are designed for recording, live view and investigations of both analog and IP video cameras for video security installations. The product, CompleteView, is designed with the IP network in mind. A suite of features provides for minimal bandwidth impact and easy system administration.
We are looking to add a proven Automation Engineer to the team at Salient to enhance their web system platform stability and efficiency through end-t- end automation.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create automated testing solutions to ensure functionality, performance, and end user success
- “describe(‘our feature’)… it(‘should work amazing’)!”
- Large scale testing of clients
- Provide both manual and automated reports of web and mobile software diagnostics
- Tools can only do some much, but what does it mean?
- Ensure product quality via testing suites and functionality requirements
- Sometimes it needs to be said, “This isn’t good enough.”
- Communicate across teams to ensure functionality requirements and expected behavior are defined
- Manage work flow state to ensure things truly get “done done”
- Missing functionality? That’s back to dev. Critical bug? You guessed it. Back to dev.
Our Tech Stack
- Cypress for Web Testing and QA
- Standard ‘Mocha’ style describe…it syntax
- Postman for API Testing and QA
- Appium for Mobile Testing and QA
- Standard ‘Mocha’ style describe…it syntax (we try to stay consistent)
- XCUITest for iOS references
- Azure for our Git repo and dev pipeline
- Some AWS sprinkled in for production and automation
- 2+ years of QA Automation using TypeScript
- Bonus points for Appium and Cypress experience
- 2+ years of RESTful API testing
- Proven experience creating scalable testing suites which generate relevant data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to report test results and actionable items
- Ability to provide mentorship to other team members
As well as one of the following:
- 6+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer with 2+ years TypeScript experience
- Associates of Science (C.S. or related field) OR Relevant Accredited Independent Courses (i.e., bootcamps/certification programs/other accredited courses in programming/QA Automation) and 4+ years of experience as technical support rep in a related field
- Bachelors of Science (C.S., Network Technology, etc.) and 2+ years of experience as technical support rep in a related field
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Salient Systems provides an excellent benefits package including; partial employer paid health insurance, employer sponsored life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance, 401(k), and flexible PTO.
Our values are commitment, collaboration, customer focus, determination, and innovation! A fun, entrepreneurial spirit and initiative are key elements of the Salient environment.
We foster a culture of collaboration through supporting team building events and continuing career growth and development. Apply to join our team today!
Send resumes to Zac Bagley | Zac.email@example.com