Job Title: Recruiter
Location: Austin, TX
About the Company
Salient Systems is an industry leading manufacturer of next generation Enterprise Security Solutions. Salient Systems products are designed for recording, live view and investigations of both analog and IP video cameras for video security installations. The product, CompleteView, is designed with the IP network in mind. A suite of features provides for minimal bandwidth impact and easy system administration.
We are looking to add a Recruiting Coordinator at Salient to help us find the best talent to add to our rapidly growing teams. Experience with recruiting and recruiting coordination is preferred. The successful candidate will want to join an exciting, fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to develop their skills and grow with our organization. Opportunity to flex into other areas of People Operations will be available. Fun, entrepreneurial spirit and initiative are key elements of the Salient environment.
Role & Responsibilities
- Partner with Hiring Managers across all departments to write detailed and thorough job descriptions that accurately encompass both job duties and tasks as well as the required qualifications for each position within the departments. Ensure these job descriptions are updated on a regular cadence to encompass expanding work responsibilities.
- Maintain a network of qualified resumes for all levels from junior/entry level to VP to provide. Establish successful relationships with vocational schools and universities.
- Act as the main point of contact and liaison with third party recruiting firms. Research organizations and develop successful relationships with these firms to source the best candidates for open requisitions in the company
- Partner with Department Leaders and the People Operations Manager to forecast hiring needs of both FTE’s and contract workers in order to meet organizational goals and formulate strategy around location planning, such as satellite offices.
- Responsible for meeting quarterly onboarding metrics.
- Screen applicant resumes, conduct pre-screens, schedule interviews with the hiring manager and teams, and provide follow-up communication to all candidates within the outlined SLA.
- Compose formal offer letters, conduct background screening, check candidate references, and assist with onboarding new hires.
- Promote Salient’s reputation as an employer of choice!
- Stay current with trends to align Salient’s ability to remain competitive in the market.
- 3+ years of related recruiting experience required, prior experience in technical roles a plus.
- Technical Expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT and technical roles preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and Onboarding Systems (Paylocity experience a plus!) as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven experience and knowledge of sourcing techniques for qualified candidates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of HR best practices and applicable federal, state, and local employment law and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical and/or human resources field required.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Salient Systems provides an excellent benefits package including; partial employer paid health insurance, employer sponsored life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance, 401(k), and flexible PTO. We foster a culture of collaboration through supporting team building events and continuing career growth and development.
Please submit resumes to: