Job Title: Technical Support Analyst
Location: Austin, TX
Salient is an industry leading manufacturer of next generation Enterprise Security Solutions that raises the bar for anytime, anywhere access for video surveillance and we are looking to enhance our customer support infrastructure. An upbeat, positive attitude alongside a knack for finding the root cause of complex technical issues for end users will ensure success in this role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Represent Salient as the first point of contact for our end users to help alleviate technical issues
- Guide end users to troubleshoot and alleviate pain points they encounter
- Track, manage, and resolve issues reported using a variety of tools including
- Internal technical guides
- Provide streamlined communication to the team regarding issue statuses, as well as identify repeat and/or critical issues
The Technical Support Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting customers by taking phone calls and emails regarding technical issues that need resolution.
The Technical Support Analyst will address, troubleshoot, and resolve these issues as well as use web-based CRM applications to log, track, and close these incidents.
Additionally, the Technical Support Analyst will provide feedback to management on reported problems, identify bugs, train and mentor Technical Support Representatives, and contribute to the Salient Systems knowledge base.
Other tasks and project opportunities may be available as the company grows. This position reports to the Support Team Manager. No Travel required. Position is onsite at the Austin, TX location.
We are open to a variety of candidates with great interpersonal communication skills, a technical background, proven ability for problem solving, and other qualifications as outlined below.
- Excellent communication skills
- Talking through problems without losing your cool isn’t for everyone
- A thorough grasp of Windows and Window server OS including hardware, software, and network management/diagnostic toolkits
- Not just the basics, but background services and hardware configuration level knowledge are key
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Window Server and SQL Servers
- This is our end user’s bread and butter
- Wireshark capture, filter, and logging experience
- Can you filter by IP, port, and request types?
- A natural passion and ability for problem solving
As well as one of the following:
- 6+ years of experience as technical support rep in a related field
- Associates of Science (C.S., Network Technology, etc.) OR Relevant Independent Courses (i.e., bootcamps/certification programs/accredited courses in network tech) and 4+ years of experience as technical support rep in a related field
- Bachelors of Science (C.S., Network Technology, etc.) and 2+ years of experience as technical support rep in a related field
Additional qualifications that would prove beneficial:
- Extended experience with customer service and direct interactions with customers
- Fluency in Spanish
Salary is commensurate upon experience and is competitive with entry/junior level positions.
Salient Systems provides an excellent benefits package including; partial employer paid health insurance, employer sponsored life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance, 401(k), and flexible PTO. We foster a culture of collaboration through supporting team building events and continuing career growth and development.
Please submit resumes to:
Nancy Schaeffer | firstname.lastname@example.org