- This event has passed.
Challenges of the Pandemic: Lessons Learned, Lessons Forgotten
Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Since the COVID-19 pandemic hit more than two years ago, we have been faced with many unique challenges and pieces of conflicting information, such as air changes per vs. air currents, Plexiglass or masks, lack of preplanning, failure to follow existing standard operating procedures, respiratory protection shortages, counterfeit PPE and failure to maintain employee protection standards. All of these and more have had a major impact on schools and posed special challenges within education, healthcare and other industries. Many industries were forced to purchase KN95 masks to provide respiratory protection for their employees—only to find that they were unable to achieve a tight face seal for devices with ear loops.
In this professional development webinar, we will explore the impact of Emerging Infectious Diseases (EIDs) through Lessons Learned and Lessons Forgotten. COVID-19 is not the first EID we have dealt with, and it will certainly not be the last.
What you will learn:
- Have a better understanding of Indoor Air Quality and COVID-19 exposure
- Identify the fact and fiction of new inter-reactions between COVID-19 and building HVAC operations
- Learn how to safely re-open schools by department
- Identify new PPE technology and worker protection concepts
- Learn how (or if) we overcame challenges. For example, did we lower our worker protection standards during a pandemic?
- How to preplan for the next Emerging Infectious Diseases challenge