- This event has passed.
Contagion and Crisis Communications
Sep 28, 2022 @ 12:00 am
When one shooting leads to another research shows the media coverage causes that contagion effect. Hear the latest data and research on the contagion effect induced by media coverage and consider the impact of social media. Understand ways to control messaging and how to avoid a contagion creating event when violence strikes your community.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Have a better understanding of how and when violence becomes a copy-cat event
- How to dissect the related data
- The latest data and research on the contagion effect induced by media coverage
- Ways to control messaging when targeted violence strikes your community
- How to avoid a contagion creating event in your community
Completion of this webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit. CPE credits for ASIS-sponsored webinars will be updated in your user profile within 48 hours of completion. Self-reporting of CPE credits is not required.