School districts have been subject to standalone access-control security platforms for decades, primarily due to past budget, resource and management constraints. In order to capitalize on security operations that can manage risk across an entire school district, security directors now require open architecture, flexible and scalable security command and control operating systems that are a generation beyond current stand-alone door access and campus video solutions.
They must “Think Legos” when establishing a district-wide security platform that can overcome the limitations of past industry offerings by providing:
- One system to learn and operate
- Unprecedented flexibility to customize and scale the solution
- True unification of attached third-party products
- A single “Pane of Glass” dashboard environment for access, video and alarms
- Fast and cost-efficient development of new enabling capabilities into the platform
- Capacity to meet security needs well into the future by “clipping-in” new technologies
- Interoperability between the district, local law enforcement and first responders
A Unified Platform delivers full-spectrum views of the entire district’s comprehensive security picture – for the fastest situational analysis and response by Administrators, SROs and School Based Law Enforcement (school lockdowns become instantaneous). It empowers automated response capabilities and “management by exception” for a solution that requires a fraction of the staff normally needed to monitor security. Seamless Unification allows the system to accommodate new technology advances that bring together every district department and extend the life of the system for maximum benefit to the community and the taxpayer.