Spectra Adds Major Integrator, Certifications to Video Surveillance Storage Portfolio
BOULDER, Colo. – September 19, 2017 – Spectra Logic is celebrating the four-year anniversary of its global Spectra Video Surveillance (VS) division, and announcing new agreements with two VS partners, Convergint Technologies and Salient Systems. Spectra Logic’s Video Surveillance solutions are uniquely suited for both traditional and niche surveillance environments, including state and local entities, municipalities, police departments, medical marijuana organizations, smart cities, public transportation and universities.
Storage is a critical component of today’s video surveillance IT initiatives due to the pressures of changing legal mandates, extended retention policies, and the movement to proactively store video surveillance footage indefinitely. As the market shifts and new sub- verticals emerge, Spectra Logic has enhanced its solution portfolio to meet evolving VS storage requirements. Key program achievements in the last 12 months include:
- 50 percent increase in Spectra NAS solution unit sales
- Triple the installed capacity year-over-year with the Spectra NAS solution
- Introduction of Spectra BlackPearl® Network Attached Storage (NAS) that can TranScale® to the Spectra BlackPearl® Converged Storage System, a solution that seamlessly tiers content to tape, cloud and disaster recovery sites
- 12 new customer wins and dozens of sales into existing Spectra customer sites
- Six new VMS partner certifications, including Axis Communications, Axxon, Exacq, IndigoVision, ISS and Salient
- 10 new video security market integrators now reselling Spectra Logic solutions, further expanding Spectra’s system integrator partner ecosystem
- Three product award wins, from Security Products and the Security Industry Association
Convergint Technologies Now Reselling Spectra Logic Solutions
Spectra has forged a partnership with Convergint Technologies, a global service-based systems integrator that delivers complete solutions to video surveillance end users. Spectra tape, disk and hybrid cloud solutions offer a storage platform for large amounts of surveillance video to Convergint customers worldwide. In addition to offering Spectra solutions directly, Convergint holds and maintains several contract vehicles, prime contracts, partnerships and other purchasing resources for federal, state and local agencies, enabling customers to more easily procure video archive solutions from preferred sources.
“Convergint chose to partner with Spectra Logic because Spectra’s data storage solutions are easy to use, reliable and affordable, thus providing peace of mind to video surveillance customers who need to store large amounts of footage,” said Tony Varco, Vice President of Security for Convergint Technologies. “Storage solutions are a growing requirement for video surveillance IT environments that must meet legal mandates and store footage indefinitely.”
Salient CompleteView Software Certified with Spectra Verde with NFI and BlackPearl
Salient CompleteView Video Surveillance software is now certified with the Spectra® Verde® NAS Solution using an NFI policy to copy video from Verde to the Spectra BlackPearl Converged Storage System for camera video footage storage. Using the powerful, combined solution, customers are able to eliminate accidental deletion of video footage.
“We chose to partner with Spectra Logic due to its products’ scalability and affordability for video footage captured by multiple cameras,” said Brian Carle, Director of Product Strategy of Salient Systems. “Spectra’s NAS solutions, combined with CompleteView software, are certified solutions designed to protect valuable footage and eliminate accidental video deletion.”
Spectra Logic’s solution suite offers key benefits to video surveillance IT managers, including:
- Spectra BlackPearl Network Attached Storage System – Lets customers implement a simple NAS solution that can easily upgrade into a multi-tiered storage device as needs change over time.
- Spectra Verde NAS solution – Offers simple, flexible and affordable NAS storage with any combination of Enterprise drives, Archive drives, and Flash drives.
- BlackPearl Converged Storage System – Unlocks multiple storage targets including online disk, nearline disk, deep storage tape and public cloud, delivering both NAS and object storage in a single storage system.
- Spectra SeeVault™ – Designed specifically for surveillance environments that capture footage 24 x7, the solution stores video by date regardless of camera rate or resolution, offering easy media exportability and unlimited scalability. Provides long-term retention or duplication and archival storage.
- Spectra Tape Libraries — Delivers unmatched archive storage for long-term retention and regulatory compliance mandates.
“Spectra Logic is uniquely positioned to support video surveillance installations due to its history and dedicated focus in backup and archiving, and proven success in media and entertainment environments,” said Brian Grainger, chief sales officer of Spectra Logic. “Our partner ecosystem is growing to allow video surveillance customers to access the lowest cost storage solutions to meet both retention and policy requirements.”
Visit Spectra’s Video Surveillance Industry Solutions Web page for additional collateral, videos and other resources.