While video surveillance systems have been traditionally deployed in a variety of settings, including public areas, public infrastructures, commercial buildings and government facilities, usually they are used for a dual purpose: for real-time monitoring of physical assets and spaces and to review collected video information to identify security indicators and plan security measures.
However, recent advances in IT technologies have boosted the intelligence, scalability and accuracy of video surveillance solutions.
In the enterprise business sector, the typical system has broader capabilities than simple data storing and forensics.
So, what is driving the main technology trends of video surveillance? Here are some of the topics up for discussion in today’s event:
- Intelligent and Context-Aware Video Data Collection
- Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Drones and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- The Growth of Edge Computing
- How Cloud Technology is Changing How Enterprises Manage Video Security
- Integrating Physical and Cyber Security