- This event has passed.
Large Venue Security is a Key Element for Any Event
Sep 20, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
There is no room for security complacency in today’s environment of increased domestic and grievance violence. Sports and entertainment venues are attracting huge crowds again and patrons are eager to return to stadiums and concert venues. This is good news for venue operators and puts additional emphasis on the need to create a safe environment for patrons. In order to do so, preparing for a variety of potential security threats, from stampedes, brawls and fan interference, to bombings, shootings, and drone attacks is the new normal. Given the fact that violent crimes have increased in many major cities, spectators and fans are increasingly looking for reassurance that they’re going to be safe when they go out to venues.
To establish best practices for a specific venue, you must start with a full audit or assessment to determine how security has historically been put in place and review the physical security structure of the arena or outdoor site.
Our expert panel will discuss what initial questions should be asked during an assessment, including:
- What does the venue or space look like externally?
- What’s the process, if any, of screening patrons before they enter the venue?
- What’s the distance of the venue from pedestrian foot traffic, automobile traffic, and the venue parking lot?
- Where are weapons screenings (if they are happening) conducted? Are these screenings performed on the site of the event, close to the venue, or at a further location outside or away from the venue itself?
- How to coordinate with law enforcement and other first-responders
- How to design a security technology system for your venue and how to deploy it
- How social media monitoring can be an effective situational awareness tool
*A certificate of attendance will be offered.